On Thursday, April 22nd, from 1 pm - 2 pm ET, the Safe Routes Partnership is hosting a free webinar: Where’s the Money? Funding Your Active Transportation Project.
Infrastructure improvements are often the costliest components of initiatives to support walking and rolling. Join us to learn about frequently used sources of funding for active transportation projects in the US, how to find out what funding is available for your community, and tips for navigating the funding process. We’ll be joined by speakers from Oklahoma and South Carolina who will share how they were able to successfully fund and implement active transportation infrastructure projects in their communities.
- Marisa Jones, Policy and Partnerships Director, Safe Routes Partnership
- Michelle Lieberman, Consulting and Program Support Director, Safe Routes Partnership
- Brenda D. Hughes, Lowcountry Region Community Health Coordinator, South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control
- Arianna Derr, Director, Mayes County HOPE Coalition
- Doug Moore, Community Development Manager, Institute for Building Technology and Safety
This free webinar is part of a series of webinars on topics related to Safe Routes to School and other policy and program initiatives that can increase walking and rolling to school and in daily life.