- Physical activity is a win-win for students and teachers.
- After 20 minutes of walking, children showed more mental activity in a brain scan.
- After 20 minutes of physical activity, students tested better in reading, spelling, and math and were more likely to read above their grade level.
- After being in a physically active afterschool program for 9 months, students’ memory tasks improved 16%.
- This infographic summarizes the research from the research brief “Active Education: Growing Evidence on Physical Activity and Academic Performance” published in January 2015.