Complete Streets training course coming up in Long Beach
September 15, 2014 Leave a comment
UC Berkeley ITS Tech Transfer is offering a new training course on Complete Streets coming up next month in Long Beach. With Fehr & Peers as consultant, Tech Transfer has developed this new course in collaboration with Caltrans Division of Transportation Planning and Division of Local Assistance. The course will focus on critical issues for local and regional agencies in the planning and implementation of Complete Streets, as required by CA State law.Location: The Westin Long Beach Date: October 8 and 9, 2014 Time: 8am-5pm (both days) Register here (fee to register)
Who Should Attend?
This course is intended for urban planners and transportation engineers at local, regional, and state agencies as well as consultants. Both new and experienced planners and engineers will benefit. The course is primarily appropriate for urban perspectives; however, it will address Complete Streets in rural environments as well.
- the history of Complete Streets
- the policy environment for Complete Streets
- new planning trends affecting decisions regarding transportation
- integrating Complete Streets with general plans, specific plans, RTPs, TIPs, and the entitlement process
- layered networks
- design manuals and guidelines relevant to Complete Streets
- cross-section element design: travel lanes, parking, shoulders, pedestrian facilities, bicycle facilities
- experimental and innovative bikeway design
- signalized intersection and uncontrolled crossing design
More details can be found here.