August Los Angeles County Active Transportation Collaborative Meeting Recap
September 8, 2014 1 Comment
On Thursday August 28th, Los Angeles County Active Transportation Collaborative partners came together to review Metro’s Draft Complete Streets Policy. Metro is looking for comments on the draft plan from stakeholders by September 18th (email them to email@example.com). Then Metro board members will review the policy at the October Ad hoc sustainability meeting and Planning and Programming meeting and consider approval for adoption.
See our 8/28/14 meeting materials, which include a power point presentation that breaks down the draft policy as well as a Report Card we developed to measure the success of Metro’s Draft policy based on our January 2014 recommendations. Overall, the plan has some strong components but we scored it a B- due to needed improvements in:
- how the policy will address new and retrofitting projects
- exceptions policy
- lack of performance measures with measurable outcomes
- and more – see our full report card here.
- Metro Complete Streets Policy DRAFT 2014-8-15
- Report Card on Metro’s Draft Complete Streets Policy
- 8/28/14 Powerpoint Presentation on Metro’s Draft Complete Streets Policy
- Los Angeles County Active Transportation Collaborative: Best Practices and Recommendations for Metro Countywide Complete Streets Policy
- Economic benefits of Complete Streets handout