July state network meeting: Active Transportation Program and SRTS Conference!
July 18, 2013 Leave a comment
Join us for the July Safe Routes to School State Network Meeting on Thursday, July 25th from 9-10am. This month National Partnership staff will lead an update and discussion on the proposed Active Transportation Program which will most likely be the source of state and federal funds for Safe Routes to School projects in the future. We will also share announcements and discuss the upcoming SRTS National Conference and California Advocacy Day in Sacramento next month. Please join us!
Thursday, July 25th from 9-10 am
Link to register: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/5268473043934659072
Call-in details will be emailed to you upon registration.
**Please note that our August meeting will be at a slightly different time than than the usual 4th Thursday so that staff from the Governor’s Office of Planning and Research can join us to talk about Safe Routes to School and Health in city and county general plans. OPR is currently updating the state general plan guidelines, and would love feedback from Safe Routes to School experts on how to improve the general plan process.
In preparation for the Aug 19 meeting, please take 10 minutes to fill out a short survey.
- Welcome and introductions
- Monthly Update from the SRTS Technical Assistance Resource Center – Kendra Bridges (CA Department of Public Health)
- Active Transportation Program proposal update and discussion – SRTSNP staff
- Safe Routes to School National Conference and California Advocacy Day update – Terry Preston (WALK Sacramento) and Jeanie Ward-Waller (SRTSNP)
- Announcements, next meeting on general plan guidelines update
Next Meeting: August 19th 10-11am. Note different time than usual – see details above.