Join a Focus Group in Los Angeles on Climate Change and Health!
May 15, 2013 1 Comment
The California Department of Public Health is working on a project to better understand how informal community leaders think about community health and climate change as a public health issue, with support from the Los Angeles Department of Public Health. Results of these focus groups will be used to develop messages and communications strategies on climate change as a public health issue that can be used to educate, inform and involve diverse communities around the state about this critical issue.
FOCUS GROUPS will be held in Los Angeles in English and Spanish May 20.
DPH is looking for people in who are seen as informal “COMMUNITY HEALTH LEADERS” and are involved in community health efforts.WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
- Members of the public who are involved in efforts to promote health in their community through group membership, volunteering, etc.
- Informal/unofficial leaders who are concerned about and active in healthy community efforts
HELP WITH RECRUITMENT:
DPH requests your assistance in identifying and recruiting focus group participants by:
- Distributing CDPH recruitment materials to members/networks (fliers in English/Spanish below/attached).
- Making direct referrals if you have contacts, members, or community leaders who might be interested in participating.
- Sharing our fliers on your social media networks (Facebook, twitter, etc.)
Thank you for your assistance with this project and for your ongoing commitment to improving public health in your community!