November Southern California Network Call
October 29, 2012 Leave a comment
Please join us Thursday, November 8th via conference call from 10-11am for our Safe Routes to School Southern California Network Meeting. All are welcome and invited to join. Please note, we hold these meetings monthly, on the 2nd Thursday of the month from 10-11am.
Thursday, November 8th from 10-11 am
Conference Call Number: 866-394-4146
Guest Code: 878934528#
Thanks to attendees and speakers, notes can be viewed here.
Agenda (subject to change):
1. Welcome, Introductions (5 mins)
2. Safe Routes to School Technical Assistance Resource Center (TARC) Update (10 mins)
3. About Health Elements: How to leverage planning tools for active transportation programs and policies? (30 mins):
- Karen S. Thompson, Associate Planner, City of Ontario: Ontario General Plan Update with Community Design Element, Social Resources Element, and more.
- Miguel Vasquez, Healthy Communities Planner, Riverside County Department (RSC) of Public Health: RSC Healthy Communities Element and City of Cochella Valley (in progress)
- Michael Strong, Associate Planner, City of Encinitas: Encinitas Public Health Element and Safe Routes to School Score Card (2011)
4. HEAL Cities Campaign: policy and finding resources for active transportation (10 mins)
- Danielle DeRuiter Williams, Policy Analyst, California Center for Public Health Advocacy
5. SCAG Updates (5 mins)
- Active Transportation Division and Subcommittee, see SCAG subcommittee implementation strategy and meeting agendas
6. Events, funding, and misc