July Southern California Network Call
June 27, 2012 Leave a comment
Please join us Thursday, July 12th via conference call from 10-11am for our Safe Routes to School Southern California Network Meeting. All are welcome and invited to join. Please note, we hold these meetings monthly, on the 2nd Thursday of the month from 10-11am.
Thursday, July 12th from 10-11 am
Conference Call Number: 866-394-4146
Guest Code: 878934528#
1. Welcome, Introductions (5 mins)
2. Leveraging Non-Traditional Funding for SRTS/Bike-Ped Projects (30 mins): Find out how you can fund your local bike/ped project or event from professionals in SoCal.
3. SCAG RTP/SCS Update and Next Steps (5 mins)
- Active Transportation Committee
- Review Suggestions for Committee
4. SRTSNP Draft Regional Platform (10 mins) Read here.
- Help us be more effective in your county! Join us to discuss our goals for Southern California.
5. Funding Opp’s and Deadlines (5 mins)
- Louisa Franco at LAC DPH – CTG Request for Proposals. More details here: Open Solicitations for Public Health.
The Los Angeles County Department of Public Health is issuing a Healthy Eating Active Living (HEAL) Request for Proposals (RFP) to solicit proposals for a contract with up to eight cities, non-profit organizations, and/or school districts in Los Angeles County. Selected Proposers will receive up to $125,000 per year for approximately four years. A Mandatory Intent to Apply Form is due July 30, 2012 by 3:30 PM (PST). Proposals are due by August 30th by 3:30 PM (PST).
- HSIP - Applications are due on Friday, July 20, 2012 and should be submitted to the attention of your Caltrans District Local Assistance Engineer. Applications received or postmarked after July 20, 2012 will not be accepted.
- RFP: Convergence Innovation Fund – Promoting Health and Equity through Built Environment and Healthy Food Access Policy: Due August 9th. (The Innovation Fund provides 50 percent matching dollars, up to $200,000 total, for a three-year period. The goal is to engage philanthropic institutions in creating robust and sustainable support for multi-field, policy and environmental change efforts emphasizing equity and community partnership.)
- CDC’s Small Communities Program (Community Transformation Grants): $70 million available to support policies and programs in communities with populations under 500K. Applications due July 31.
- CDC’s REACH (Racial and Ethnic Approaches to Community Health): Supporting three-year initiatives to enhance policy strategies for low-income communities and commuinities of color. Applications due August 7.
6. What the Federal Transportation Bill means to Safe Routes to School efforts – Blog Post by Deb Hubsmith