First Meeting this Wed: Bay Area Regional Network
February 13, 2012 Leave a comment
Please join us for the kick off meeting of the Bay Area Regional Network, Wednesday, February 15 from 9am – 10am.
Join us as the Safe Routes to School National Partnership and TransForm jumpstart a new collaboration of advocates, community members, health professionals, and planning experts from across the Bay Area. The primary goal is to ensure transportation policy is infused with a concern for the health and well-being of all the Bay Area’s communities.
This first meeting will include a discussion of the Metropolitan Transportation Commission’s $250 million OneBayArea grant, and give easy tools for people concerned about public health, equity, and the environment to make a difference in future Bay Area expenditures on transportation, including a new report from TransForm on ways to make gains in health through transportation.
Wednesday, February 15, from 9-10 am
Call-in number: (559) 726-1200
Access code: 116936#
Mute option is *6, unmute is *6
Webinar link (optional): http://www.instantpresenter.com/saferoutesurl4
Agenda (draft – subject to change):
- Introductions to the network and our goals, Marty Martinez (SRTSNP), 10 minutes, end at 9:10
We also want your help in naming our new network!
- Presentation on “Creating Healthy Regional Transportation Plans” Jeff Hobson (TransForm), 10 minutes, end at 9:20, presentation here
- Questions on the report, 5 minutes, end at 9:25
- Introduction to One Bay Area and the Sustainable Community Strategy process, Jeff Hobson (TransForm), 10 minutes, end at 9:35, presentation here
- The One Bay Area Grant (OBAG), timeline, and action plan, Marty Martinez (SRTSNP), 10 minutes, end at 9:45, presentation here
Take Action To Make the One Bay Area Grant More Supportive of Health.
Sample letter to send to MTC Commissioners.
- Questions on One Bay Area and advocacy, 10 minutes, end at 9:55
- Thank you and next steps, Jeff Hobson (TransForm), 5 minutes, end at 10:00
Next Meeting: Wednesday, March 21 at 10am
Please contact Marty Martinez of the Safe Routes to School National Partnership with any questions at (415) 637-6488, Marty@saferoutespartnership.org, or Manolo González-Estay from TransForm at (510) 740-3131, email@example.com.