Urban Greening for Sustainable Communities Grants Available

Project Grant deadline June 17, Planning Grant deadline July 1

Urban Greening for Sustainable Communities, a program administered by the California Natural Resources Agency on behalf of the Strategic Growth Council, has released a formal grants Solicitation Notice. As the second of three funding cycles, Urban Greening for Sustainable Communities has made $20 million available for both project and planning grants (deadlines June 17th and July 1st respectively). Each type of grant has a separate application process and deadline, so be sure to download the official Solicitation Notice and visit the website.

Note that only 25 percent of grant awards can be used to fund urban greening planning grants — the remaining 75 percent will be used to fund urban greening projects. Also, the guidelines and the Concept Proposal Form were updated to reflect the Council’s decision to adopt consideration of the risks of Sea Level Rise in the review process. Make sure to use the latest version.

For information that is not provided on the website, contact the grants staff at (916) 653-2812 or via email: urbangreening@resources.ca.gov.

About Suz
Content Guru

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 158 other followers

%d bloggers like this: