November 23, 2015 1 Comment
New workshop added in LA on Monday, November 30 in the afternoon (register here!)
New CPEHN webinar for Orange County stakeholders on Wednesday, December 2 from 10am-12pm (register here!)
The State of California Office of Planning & Research (OPR)’s is updating its General Plan Guidelines and holding workshops across the state starting in November. The California Pan-Ethnic Health Network (CPEHN) is also hosting workshops and webinars around the state to discuss how the guidelines can promote health and equity in future development.
Join CPEHN in November to discuss the NEWLY revised draft General Plan Guidelines! These guidelines direct cities and counties to consider key issues such as housing, complete streets, and open space in the planning and development of their communities.
In October, the Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) is releasing the long-awaited revised general plan guidelines, which will include new sections on how cities and counties can also promote health and equity in future development. These draft guidelines have the potential to impact health in many ways, such as encouraging the availability of healthy foods, promoting active transportation, and identifying housing needs.
Come learn about the potential of the new guidelines at A Blueprint for Health: Planning Communities that Promote Equity! Hear about the draft guidelines from staff at the Office of Research and Planning, talk with local advocates about the potential impacts of the revisions, and share your feedback on the new health and equity components of the draft guidelines.
OPR will be holding multiple community outreach events throughout California during the public comment period for the draft GPG update. Planners, practitioners, and community members are invited to attend and learn about the updated guidelines, ask questions, and share their feedback. Check back for upcoming dates, or join our email list to be informed when events are scheduled.
Dates & Locations:
- Thursday, October 29: Salinas (register here!)
- Monday, November 2: Santa Rosa/Sonoma County (register here!)
- Tuesday, November 3: Eureka (register here!)
- Thursday, November 5: Oroville/Butte County (register here!)
- Friday, November 6: Sacramento (register here!)
- Monday, November 9: Bakersfield (register here!)
- Thursday, November 12: Fresno (register here!)
- Monday, November 16: Stockton (register here!)
- Tuesday, November 17: Truckee (register here!)
- Monday, November 30: Los Angeles (morning session) (register here!)
- NEW! Monday, November 30: Los Angeles (afternoon session) (register here!)
- Tuesday, December 1: San Bernardino (register here!)
- Wednesday, December 2: San Diego (register here!)
- Friday, December 4: San Francisco (register here!)
- Monday, December 7: Oakland (register here!)
- Wednesday, December 9: Santa Barbara (register here!)